Monday, October 1, 2012

Continent Shapes

I KNOW WHAT AFRICA LOOKS LIKE

In continuing our world map activities I asked Lil Muallimah which continent would she like to do first, and she chose Africa.


I gave her this printable I got from curriculum click, when it came as a freebie. You will notice her own Africa is spelled as "AfNicA" (hehe) because she had mistaken the lines of r and i as one letter making it n...,

I am totally fine with that, she will get it eventually :) If you look closely she even colored the lake in the middle, blue :) 




Then I asked her if she wanted to make it with  modelling clay ? And she said "YES!" So I grabbed her foam puzzle and we ran downstairs. 
I asked her to point out Africa on this foam puzzle I got from the $ store. (it doesn't have the same colors as Montessori maps, so ayounger child might get confused) Thankfully Lil Muallimah got it right but I do see the wisdom and benefit in the Montessori Maps.

Nonetheless the rest is pretty much clear through the pictures. She was quite enthusiastic throughout this activity and wanted to get it just right :)









the yellow tool actually came in a play dough set, my kids had got as a gift yeaaaaars ago :)




TAA  DAAAAA !!!

Don't you just love such multi level activities, encompassing, mapping, recognition, hand eye co-ordination, motor skills.....:):):):)
Alhumdolillah !

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...