Friday, August 12, 2011

Ramadan Activities Day # 9

SALAH

Lil Muallimah's Activities

Ramadan Vocabulary 


We continued our review on steps of wudu and Lil Muallimah cut and stuck the pictures in the correct order with Ummis help. :)

We also discussed that kabah is in the city of Mecca and is our qiblah.

Ramadaan Activity Bag # 9


Steps of Salah






Again using the cards I showed her each  step of Salah and then we played the Imam Says game as posted in Ramadan Activities day # 8 using only 3 cards. Fir Lil Muallimah playing the game for the first time I showed her the card and said the name of the step out load so she could copy. 

Alhumdolillah she did enjoy playing the game. Especially when I repeated  the same step a few times before going to the next. :) Every time she was expecting that she would have to change her position but I showed the same card..... so she had these jerks ready to move but then with a squeal would stay in the same position. :).


Prayer Mat

Lil Muallimah made a little prayer mat by hand. I taught her the back stitch.  She did it in two steps and I sat with her all the way guiding her both the times.




In the end she was quite pleased with her accomplishment Alhumdolillah!


Kabah


I asked Lil Muallimah to lay out a prayer mat for me for Salah. As this is a daily routine for her Alhumdolillah she laid it out in the correct direction. Then I asked her, "Have you ever seen me pray in any other direction other than this ?" She said "No". Then I asked her, "Do you know why?" and she said "No". :):):) The cords of curiosity were now struck :):):) Then I took her to the window in the direction of the qiblah and showed her outside. I said, "You know how big Allah has made the earth we cant see everywhere from this window, right?" She nodded her head in yes. Then I said, "Can you see your cousins house from here ?" She said "No". So I said,  "In the same way far far away Kabah is straight ahead from here, we cant see it, but we know that it is there. So we pray in this direction because Kabah is our qiblah."

After this talk Lil Muallimah also made a model of  Kabah with me using foam sheets. The pictures are quite self explanatory.





Once the model Kabah was built I again repeated "When we pray salah we face the Kabah as it is our Qiblah." Then I asked her to lay down the lil prayer mats one her own facing the qibla.



We repeated the activity a few times and enjoyed it too.


Lil Muallim # 2's Activities

How to stand in Salah Congregation ( Jama'ah)

I wanted to discuss the adab of standing in saff for jama'ah, This is how we did it. Lil maullim # 2 also tried out his hand at embroidery today using back stitch. His project was a little bigger than Lil Muallimah's. He also did it in more than one sitting as it was quite demanding and time consuming for him. Plus hee gothis thread stuck some times and I had to undo some of teh stitchees to get it right again! Miskeen. A lesson in patience indeed :) But in the end he too was proud of his work Alhumdolillah




The discussion was, "How do we stand in Salah in the masjid? answer, "We all stand in a straight line", "And what is it called?" "It is called a Saf."

Next I made a surprise for him after all his hard work. 


I cut this paper chain of men in thobe and held them on his saff. When held loosely the line of salah prayers goes all crooked.



"Is that the way we should stand?" No "We should stand like Rasulallah Sallallaho alaihi wasallam told us. He told us to straighten our lines like an arrow and stand together closely, like this........"


Lil Mullim # 2 was quite impressed by it. Alhumdolillah and showed Lil maullim #1 and Abi too when he came back home from work. 

Point well reviewed and taken. Alhumdolillah!

Later I made two more saff for him besides his own. which we plan to use in another project soon Inshallah!

DUA


Ya Allah us help to stand steadfast in your way and accept from us what we strive to do to seek your pleasure........ Ameen



2 comments:

Umm Maimoonah said...

Masha Allaah wonderful creativity. Love the little Muallimah's prayer mat and the Muallim's saff and their Ummi's patience!! : )

Umm Umamah said...

Assalamo alaikum Ukhtki,

May Allah make me more patient than Youthink I am.... Subhanallah! I feel I have so little patience for somethings....Glad you liked the activities. Alhumdolillah...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...