Saturday, June 25, 2011

Dissolving Experiment

Does it Dissolve?

 Lately (on seeing her brothers), Lil Muallimah, has been very keen on coming up with just about anything and claiming it be her 'ESSPERIMENT'. So, when I made the follwoing activity for her as her VERY OWN experiment, she was very happy. Alhumdolillah

The idea just hit me when I walked past my sectional glass tray.

Here's how I set it up. 

Materials used:
  • A placement mat to contain the activity
  • 3 spoons
  • a cup full of water
  • 3 tiny containers holding, sand, lentils and salt in each.



What we did ?

First Lil Muallimah poured out the sand in the first section and poured some water in it.


Then she stirred with the spoon to see if it would dissolve. She wasn't too sure what dissolve meant at this point of time, so I asked  her if the sand was gone or could she still see it.  


Answer: She could still see it so, it doesn't dissolve.

Next up was lentils........


And finally the salt. Sh e was quite surprised when the salt was all GONE, (dissolved in the water)


Lil Muallimah: "I like this 'essperiment' !"... she kept on going back to the first two sections and trying to see if they would dissolve.


ALHUMDOLILLAH!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

def wanna try this inshallah! jaakillah khair for posting! im enjoying the posts on lil mualimiah since they relate more to what i can do with yusuf :)

Umm Umamah said...

Alhumdolillah. Do try it and let me know how it goes. I love lil Yusuf's comments Mashallah! May Allah preserve and protect your family Ameen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...