Monday, April 4, 2011

Sensory Tub # 2

Yellow Sensory Tub


Soon after the success of the first sensory tub, I made our 2nd one. Having done it once, I better understood the method and potential of this activity. I truly had a LEARNING BY DOING experience with this one. Alhumdolillah.....This is one of the biggest reasons I call my children my Lil Muallims.... they are my little teachers as they teach me how to teach them Mashallah!


Ok back to the sensory tub. Here's what It looked like:



The cutest and funniest thing was that as soon as Lil Muallimah realized I was collecting yellow things for her new sensory tub, she actually picked and chose what she wanted in it.... LOVE IT!!!


I used: 
Yellow lentils, rubber duck, hair clips, beads, legopaper clip, balloon, kinex rod, pasta (rotini & fettuccine), construction worker  figurine, crayon, eraser, toy banana, toy spatula, toddler link toys, stickle brick, and the yellow hat which is actually a toy farmer figurine standing in the lentils.....  


This Sensory Tub stayed on one corner of our dining table for 2 weeks. Lil Maullimah kept going back to it and played out many stories in it (mostly with farmer brown and rubber ducky as the main characters in it)  and hide and seek game by burying the objects in the lentils and then fishing them out. Mashallah!


I loved the fact that she not only kept going back to it but also took care not to topple over her sensory tub. 


You can find many inspiring ideas for Sensory Tubs here:


Counting Coconuts


When I was linking back Counting Coconuts I giggled to find that Mari-Ann had rubber duck in her yellow sensory tub. I guess it's the most obvious choice when finding yellow things for kids :) Will definitely be leaving a comment about this on her blog :)

2 comments:

Umm Suhailah said...

Bismillaah

As Salaamu Alaikum

Cool idea! I think my little ladies will love this! Inshaa'Allaah. I'm about to get more hands on Inshaa'Allaah thanks for the motivation!

Umm Umamah said...

Walaykum assalam Warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,

Alhumdolillah,aww jazakallahu khairun. Mashallah there are so many blogs out there to get motivations from. May Allah enable us to be inspired and benefit from others in His way Ameen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...