Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Leaf Rubbing

LEAFY OBSERVATION

After the leaf comparison activity, I asked Lil Muallimah to observe the veins of the leaves and how they looked different from the front and back. I made her run her fingers over them to feel the difference. She felt they were more bumpy form the backside.



Next I showed how she could get the leaf onto a paper by rubbing the bumpy side placed under a paper, with a crayon....... 


I had to run upstairs to do something right after I showed her this. When I cam back, all her work was piled up with each leaf between the pages ....:):):):)




All my kids have find memories of their own leaf rubbings......and shared how fun it is with Lil Muallimah Alhumdolillah !


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...