Saturday, October 6, 2012

Inertia Experiment # 1

FIRST LAW OF MOTION ...INERTIA

Kids and I enjoy watching Steve Spangler experiments a lot. The videos are engaging and I especially like how there is an explanation along with the video too on the Science of it :)  As Lil Maullim # 1 is studying the Laws of Motion. So we did a series of experiments in Inertia here's the most awesome one..... 

All my Muallims and I tried it out......and an important lesson was learnt......not to hold the edges but more from the middle.



So after a few tries here are the results one by one....





Then........ I gave them a challenge.... they were all like "Mama what are you doing ?" "Are you sure ?" "What if it falls ?" "There will be a big mess!"

My response:  "You won't know till you try" "I want you to learn an important lesson in life here" "Never fear to try!"


So with a big nervous smile..........

Lil Muallim # 1 .......




Lil Muallim # 2.....



......aawwww nervously slow movement :)


.....If at first you don't succeed try again....



......My challenge........which my Muallims refused to try..... and kep saying "Mama what are you doing ?"


 ......as I was the one doing this the kids in their awe missed taking a picture of it being done! They were just too shocked :) :):):):)

...and then I did this.........with even more screams and squeals from the kids.......



......taaaa daaaaaaaaaaa


......Read about this experiment, and explanation here.

I have linked this up to
Science Sunday

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...