Monday, November 5, 2012

My Parents taught me so much


ALHUMDOLILLAH FOR MY PARENTS

I am grateful for all what my parents taught me....

I cannot pass a day without being thankful to something I learnt because of my parents in some or the other way. I've always had a habit of trying to think what I can learn from any given situation. I may not always remember what I learned... but that's another story. My parents childhood wasn't the greatest, my parents were divorced, but I am thankful to what I have become through all the great and difficult experiences in life. 

From all the good and tough times, I owe A LOT to what I learnt and who I have become my parents. Everything from the simple things to mannerisms and from skills to general knowledge, sharing experiences and discussion, understanding the highs and lows of life and how face the challenges life throws at you......and just so much more. Their diversity broadened my scale of seeing and understanding the world and people around me. Thank you Allah for my parents.

Now living far away in a distant land I miss and appreciate so many things that they did for me and I could do with them. I miss their company and enjoying a laugh with them. I miss serving them as I should in their old age. ............


Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour.  And, out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say: "My Lord! bestow on them Thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood." (Quran 17, 23-24)

  
May Allah unite us all in Jannah forever Ameen

An excellent and humbling article on the Status of parents in Islam

And if you count the Blessings of Allah, never will you be able to count them. (Surah Ibrahim 14:34)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi,
lovely site, i wish i cud do something like this.
I'd really love to know more about you sis, How do you make
time to prepare all
these wonderful posts/

x
sadhana

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...