LET'S TALK ABOUT RAMADAN
I am trying to create the Ramadan hype in our home. Part of that is our latest Ramadan Sensory Tub. I just had a brain wave and got into action as soon as I could by the blessings of Allah.
Last night I started to make prayer mats, kufi and hijab for the tub. My Lil Muallims got really excited seeing those... wondering what they were for. My two lil ones even lid down the prayer mat and and held the kufi on their heads and made sujood saying: "Look I did it! I made the smallest sajdah ever!"
Today I finished it up. The idea is to get to talk about Ramadan and what we should with it.
- crescent moon and masjid with shiny card stock
- two prayer mats
- a hijab and kufi
- a date wrapped in cling wrap
- an empty wooden case of a very tiny Quran
- coins to show we should give Zakat
- a small canvas frame with "Allah" on it to discuss dhikr, remebrance of Allah and being concsious of Allah at all times
When I introduced it to Lil Mualliamh.We got to discuss quite a few things Alhumdollilah! I can see how her understanding of things can be enhanced by each time we go through the sensory tub Inshallah....especially the importance and need of Dhikr and Zakah.
All my Lil Muallims really liked the Sensory tub and the older ones found it very cute.
Sensory Tub Vocabulary Words
- prayer mat
- and hopefully more as we go