Thursday, October 27, 2011

Homeschool Mom Dilemma

Assalamoa laikum warahamatullahi wabarakaruhu,

Recently I received an email from a dear homeschooling friend asking how I would react is she told me that she put her 8 year old daughter in public school because she couldn't teach her to write ?


My reaction....



"Don't be hard on yourself ! Qadrallah........We think, we wish we plan......He Wrote, He knows, He is the Best of Planners. Knowing our limitations vs Qadr is the humility of a momin.
 



More than often we try to control everything, increasing our own stress levels. In the  end what 
is true success? Isn't what truly matters is how we are in the eyes of Allah. An advice from another wonderful homeschooling friend keeps me  going... she said......


"We have to remember our children are not our projects they are Allah's projects. We can only try and achieve but what really happens is entirely in Allah's hands.... Our job is only to do our best and then trust Allah and leave it to Him."


Such simple and beautiful wisdom.


All you wonderful homeschooling moms out there please share your wisdom... I would love to hear from you all. There is so much we can learn from each other for the sake of Allah.


Barakallaho feeki

3 comments:

Umm Maimoonah said...

Assalaamu Alaikum sis

Yes, sis you are correct. As for me home schooling my daughter is to please Allaah alone and as we know there is going to be lot of trails and tribulations throughout this journey , and we just cannot escape this. And Shaitaan is ever ready to do his tricks. So the best is that we continue to ask Allaah for guidance and do what is best. When people ask me till when would you home school I keep telling as long as I am able to with the permission of Allaah! I would never look down upon someone who has put their kids to public school because I do not ever think that home schooling is the best or the correct thing to do. But I feel home schooling is the best for my daughter and in general. Each house hold is different and Allaah knows what is best for everyone.

As you say do not be hard on yourself, and make sure you have not fallen to the trap of Shaitaan and you have done your best without any regrets, then still after all this see the outcome and do what is best.

I feel stressed sometimes too and a break makes you relax, gives you time for yourself and it makes a change in your life and in the children's lives as well. And any way in my schedules I have a break of 1 week after 6 weeks of work, still other than this if I feel tired and stressed then we do take a break and Alhamdulillaah things go well. And this is the blessing of Home Schooling.

Above all this, what had worked for me best is that whenever I face something in home schooling I raise my hands to my Lord especially during the times the dua are answered and my Lord Alhamdulillaah has never let me down. I remember before I started home schooling I made Isthikaarah and I know for sure Allaah had guided me towards it and I have nothing to regret whatever happens, and this is such a relief Alhamdulillaah!

Umm Umamah said...

Walaykum assalam Ukhti,

Mashallah such a thoughtful and wonderful response. Jazakallaho khairun.

Umm Maimoonah said...

sis I was searching for something just now and cam across this wonderful post and feel this would fit here as well Insha Allaah!

http://talibiddeenjr.wordpress.com/2008/12/19/a-little-homeschooling-advice-and-hopefully-encouragement/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...