Friday, March 4, 2011

Game Time



ISLAMIC GAMES FOR KIDDIES

While playing games with Lil Muallim # 2 today (while the others were sleeping :)). I thought I really should post about some of  the games we enjoy at home.


The one that TOPS MY LIST is:





It is such a cute game Mashallah. You can also casually discuss so many things with the kids while playing it or just have plain simple fun. What I LOVED about this game was how it brought all my children together in a game.

We would always struggle with games that could be played with either two or only Lil Muallim # 1 and us the parents. But this game Mashallah keeps coming out and played by all with a lot of fervour.

Another Favourite in our home from Smart Ark is the


 


Ooooohh!! I love it Mashallah! 

In our home we play this game in different besides the one suggested on the box.

Prophet Quiz:

Sometimes I just pull out the cards and show one animal picture to the kids and they have to tell which Prophet story that animal has been mentioned in. It's a casual fun way of reviewing the stories. 

I love it when Lil Maullim # 1 can't hold himslef back and wants to tell which one. He keeps saying (for Lil Muallim # 2) "Please don't tell him or give him a hint if he can't get it. Let me tell!"

Now that's what I call a delicious Mommy moment :) Alhumdolillah

Quran Story Quiz:

Some animal pictures are related to a particular topics mentioned in the Quran and not a particular Prophet story. For that we discuss the context of the ayah. 

For example surah Al Qariah's ayah mentioning the moth.

 A day wherein mankind will be as thickly-scattered moths (4) 

This is a time for serious contemplation and discussion with the kids Mashallah!

We are also building towards the following version Inshallah

Juzz and Surah Quiz:

As Lil Maullim # 1 and 2 are also memorizing we sometimes get a chance to remember which Juzz a particular story is mentioned in.

Ayah Quiz:

One way to play this is already on the cards as the surah and ayah number can be seen on the cards. But, Inshallah with time I would really like to have my kids read out the ayahs and narrate the translation that goes with the animal in the picture. Now that would surely bring a tear in my eye.

MY DUA

For my kids:
May Allah fill our kids hearts with Allah's words. May these words guide them  to the right path and keep them steadfast on them Ameen

For Smart Ark:
May Allah reward the people abundantly for marking such wonderful, fun and educational games for the kids. May Allah enable them to make many more and put barakah in their business and bless their lives. May this  be among the best of sadaqa e jariah for them Ameen

2 comments:

Smart Ark Islamic Toys said...

Asalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarahkatuhu dear sister,
My name is Fehmida, owner of Smart Ark. I came across your blog, masha'Allah very beneficial, may Allah continue to make it beneficial and rewarding. I just wanted to say jazahkhallah for your Smart Ark post, and the wonderful teaching ideas you have associated with them, Alhamdulilah, and also for your du'as too!
From your sister in Islam, Fehmida

Umm Umamah said...

Walaykum Assalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu ukhti,
I am so pleased to know you dropped by. Mashallah we area big fan of Smart Ark products. May Allah reward you abundantly Ameen. I am glad you liked the ideas associated with the games. I pray to Allah to help me do everything for His sake and may he find it acceptable Ameen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...